For designer Christian Troels the idea behind the CORDUROY TABLE was to create a table with a richness of details to be explored. The more you study the table, the more details you will discover. The rounded edge of the table top is inspired by the soft bending of the steel tubes, and the angle of the legs make the table top look like it is floating in the air.
The legs consist of four black powder coated steel tubes, all changing direction and then gathering in one strong unity, which gives the table both strength and a light expression at the same time. Each leg has an adjustment screw in brass - a delicate little detail that makes a beautiful contrast to the raw, black steel tubes.
- Christian Troels, 2018
- Top: Oak, wild oak, smoked oak, walnut or elm
- Legs: Black powder coated steel with raw brass cups (standard) with felt. These cups are also available in stainless steel or black powder coated steel at the same price
- Extension leaf: Oak, wild oak, smoked oak, walnut, elm or MDF
- Length: 140 to 300 cm (according to order)
- Width: 90 or 100 cm
- Height: 73 cm
- Table top 3,4 cm
- Extension leaf: 50 cm x 90 cm or 50 cm x 100 cm
- Extension leaf: Solid wood*, reversed glued sticks compared to the table, straight edge. MDF, black, straight edge.
- Tabletop: Solid wood*, glued together, 3,4 cm
dk3 is a Danish design furniture company established in 2009. Our collection combines exclusive classic and contemporary furniture from great Danish architects and designers such as Jeppe Utzon, Kaare Klint, Børge Mogensen, Poul Cadovius and others.
We create furniture pieces shaped and crafted by true enthusiasts, always with the ambition to unite the finest carpentry traditions with modern and classic furniture design through the fusion of timeless steel or brass components and high quality wood. The love for organic material and uncompromising focus on quality is evident throughout the entire process, from the first design sketches to the manufacturing in the carpentries, where the furniture is finished and surface treated by hand.