Ship's ahoy. Emeco has been making their aluminum Navy Chairs using a unique 77 step process since 1944. Given the 150 year warranty, chairs produced for battle in WWII are still under warranty today, now that's shelf life. As a plus, the chairs are beautiful, simple, clean, and three-times the strength of steel. Use four as dining chairs next to a dark wooden table or add a polished one to your living room for some punch. Either way they will add an industrial element to your apartment.
- Height: 79-85 cm / 31-33.5 inch
- Seat Height: 44.5-51 cm / 17.5-20 inch
- Width: 61 cm / 24 inch
- Depth: 61 cm / 24 inch
- Lexan® Glides: Lexan® is a hard plastic, suitable for use on carpeted floors, to reduce friction.
- Original Navy glides: Original round metal glide with a Lexan® cap, for the Navy collection. For all-round use. Especially suited for carpeted floors, to reduce friction.
- Glides with Felt Inserts: Glides with integrated felt inserts are recommended for noise reduction on hard floors.
Make chairs lightweight and make them strong, build them for a lifetime. That is Emeco’s mission. Aluminum is the obvious choice, engineered for practical purposes, designed by real people. Forming, welding, grinding, heat-treating, finishing, anodizing are just a few of the 77 steps it takes to build an Emeco chair. No one else makes chairs this way. No one can. It takes a human eye to know when the process is done right, and it takes human hands to get it that way. Their goal: Make recycling obsolete and keep making things that last. In 2006 Coca-Cola and Emeco collaborated to solve an environmental problem: Up-cycling consumer waste into a sustainable, timeless, classic chair. Made of 111 recycled PET bottles, the 111 Navy Chair is a story of innovation.