First built for use on submarines in 1944, the Navy Chair has been in continuous production ever since. With the famous 77 step Process, our craftsmen take soft, recycled aluminum, hand form and weld it- then temper it for strength. Finally, the chair is anodized for a durable finish. We guarantee the Navy Chairs for life.
- US Navy
- Recycled Aluminum - Hand Brushed or Hand Polished
- Height: 86 cm / 34 inch
- Seat Height: 46 cm/ 18 inch
- Width: 53 cm / 20.7 inch
- Depth: 50 cm / 19.5 inch
- Lifetime warranty
- Strength & Stability Test
- Fire Retardant: Aluminum is naturally fireproof
- Outdoor Use: Brushed finish suitable, Polished finish only recommended for protected outdoor environments
- Standard Glides: Soft Plastic (TPU) Glides
Make chairs lightweight and make them strong, build them for a lifetime. That is Emeco’s mission. Aluminum is the obvious choice, engineered for practical purposes, designed by real people. Forming, welding, grinding, heat-treating, finishing, anodizing are just a few of the 77 steps it takes to build an Emeco chair. No one else makes chairs this way. No one can. It takes a human eye to know when the process is done right, and it takes human hands to get it that way. Their goal: Make recycling obsolete and keep making things that last. In 2006 Coca-Cola and Emeco collaborated to solve an environmental problem: Up-cycling consumer waste into a sustainable, timeless, classic chair. Made of 111 recycled PET bottles, the 111 Navy Chair is a story of innovation.