Bandas Space is a playful line of rugs with unlimited flexibility. Use them alone, place them end to end for a long runner, or mix and match patterns to create wider rugs with unique designs. Crafted of 100 percent wool and embellished with a variety of decorative techniques, Bandas Space brings warmth and comfort to the workplace.
- 100% new wool with a Velcro loop backing.
- Length: 240 cm / 94.5 inch
- Width: 60 cm / 23.6 inch
- Multiple runners can be connected using strips of Velcro hooks.
- Each runner comes with one strip of Velcro hooks, and a set of four painted steel weights which slip into pockets on the underside of the runner.
- Bandas Space runners are made using a hand loom technique, combined with crochet and embroidery methods.
- The edges along the length of the rug are always orange.
Work happens everywhere. Haworth designs and manufactures product solutions that help you create inspiring spaces where people can perform their best—at work, on the go, and at home.
Haworth Collection GAN Bandas Space Rug Designed by:
- Patricia Urquiola , 2014
Patricia Urquiola studied architecture at Madrid Polytechnic and Milan Polytechnic, graduating in 1989 with Archille Castiglioni as her metor. She was then given the position of being an assistant lecturer to Castiglioni and Eugenio Bettinelli in Mlan and Paris. Her designs are unconventional, emphatic, and experimental, blending humanist sensibilities and technical expertise – qualities that also inform her work as an architect. The Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Barcelona is one of her many architectural projects.
She was responsible for the new product development office of DePadova and worked with Vico Magistretti as head of Lissoni Associati's design group. In 2001, she opened her own studio and started designing for some of the most important Italian and international companies around the world. She has since been awarded the Gold Medal of fine arts by the Spanish Government and been declared "Designer of the decade" in the German magazines "Home" and "Hauser".