A slightly flattened oval highlights this sample glass design that floats off the ceiling and provides diffused illumination from an incandescent light source.
- Matteo Thun
- Hand-blown Satin White Glass
- Max Height: 300 cm / 118 1/8 Inch
- Diffuser Height: 39 cm / 15 3/8 Inch
- Diffuser Diameter: 45 cm / 17 3/4 Inch
- Canopy Diameter: 16 cm / 6 1/4 Inch
- Canopy Height: 3 cm / 1 1/8 Inch
- 1 x 100W Incandescent / Halogen E26 TYPE T
- Available structure in polished chrome finish
Dare. The story Leucos tells to contemporary times is a long, vital and interesting one. A story which began in the sixties calling into question the historical relation between shape and material: it was a revolution. The protagonist was glass, taken away for the first time from the traditional logics of glass art and reinterpreted in an absolutely new way. Taking into consideration the tradition, of course, but also looking at innovative materials and technologies, and reconsidering serial production as an added value to design: the repetition became a multiplication of beauty, and the accessibility an opportunity to offer resources to the creative process.