The fixture provides 100% glare-free light. The 72 precisely positioned leaves form 12 unique rows of six leaves each. They illuminate the fixture as well as emitting diffused light with a unique pattern. The fixture provides decorative and comfortable lighting. For the energy saving LED variant the quality of light and atmosphere surrounding the product is kept at the highest level.
- Leaves: Die cut copper
- Top shade: White, spun steel
- Frame: High lustre chrome plated, cast aluminum
- Suspension: High lustre chrome plated, spun aluminum
- Diameter 48 cm / 18.9 inch
- Height 46.7 cm / 18.4 inch
- Diameter 60 cm / 23.6 inch
- Height 57.9 cm / 22.8 inch
- Diameter 72 cm / 28.3 inch
- Height 65 cm / 25.6 inch
- Diameter 84 cm / 33.1 inch
- Height 71.8 cm / 28.3 inch
- Cord Length: 365.7 cm / 144 inch
- Small: 1 x 200W A-23 CL medium
- Medium: 1 x 97W LED 2700K or 3000K Dimmable 0-10V
- Large: 1 x 97W LED 2700K or 3000K Dimmable 0-10V
- Extra Large: 1 x 97W LED 2700K or 3000K Dimmable 0-10V
- Suspension Type: 3 x stainless steel aircraft cables
- Cord Type: 3-conductors (non-LED) / 2-conductors (LED), 18 AWG white PVC power cord
- Cord Color: white cord, except for copper non-LED variants have black cord
- Canopy: white
- Dry location
- cULus listed
The essence of Louis Poulsen Lighting is to create human-friendly lighting – lighting that makes people feel comfortable and relaxed and creates an excellent atmosphere. Louis Poulsen's lighting philosophy consists of three elements: function, comfort and ambience. Louis Poulsen Lighting wants people to feel they are in good company.
For more than eighty years, Louis Poulsen has collaborated with such visionary architects and designers as Arne Jacobsen, Verner Panton and Foster+Partners to produce innovative lighting solutions for buildings and their surroundings. Poul Henningsen, designer of the iconic Artichoke Pendant Light, began a lifelong collaboration with Louis Poulsen Lighting in 1925 that lasted until his death. To this day, Louis Poulsen Lighting still benefits from his genius.
Louis Poulsen Lighting offers a complete product line that includes suspended, ceiling, pendants, table, floor and wall lighting for both indoor and outdoor use. The superior styling, craftsmanship and quality of Louis Poulsen products can be found on projects around the globe.
Louis Poulsen PH Artichoke Pendant Lamp in Copper (Promo) Designed by:
- Poul Henningsen
Denmark, 1894 - 1967
"All political art is bad – all good art is political." - Poul Henningsen
Poul Henningsen was a Danish author, architect and critic, was one of the leading figures of the cultural life of Denmark between the World Wars. In Denmark, he is often referred to as PH. Poul Henningsen was the illegitimate son of author Agnes Henningsen and satirist Carl Ewald. He spent a happy childhood in a tolerant and modern home in Ordrup which was often visited by the leading literates. Between 1911 and 1917 he was educated as an architect, but he never graduated and tried himself as an inventor and painter.
His most valuable contribution to design was in the field of lighting. He designed the PH-lamp in 1925, which, like his later designs, used carefully analyzed reflecting and baffling of the light rays from the bulb to achieve glare-free and uniform illumination. His light fixtures were manufactured by Louis Poulsen. His best-known models are the PH Artichoke and PH5. The lamps created the economic foundation of his later work.
Other notable designs include the PH Grand Piano which is included in several notable 20th-century design collections, including that of the Metropolitan Museum in New York City. He also designed Glassalen for Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen.