A new versatile family member enters the Container Table series by Marcel Wanders. Available in the same materials & colors as its sibling, it combines soft, rounded shapes with a slender body: a dream of many.
- Solid oak cover, black leather straps, brass screws
The container tops are available in the following materials:
Oak veneer, stained or lacquered:
- Thickness top 4cm | 1.6 inch
- For indoor use only
- Available in the Moooi stain colors, or Moooi Ral Colors
- Thickness top, 4cm | 1.6 inch
- For indoor use only
- MDF table top, the solid oak edge is available in the Moooi stain colors, with linoleum colored center.
- Diameter: 56 cm / 22.1 inch
- Height: 71 cm / 28 inch
- Length: 210 cm / 82.7 inch
- Width: 135 cm / 53.1 inch
- The feet must be filled with sand to create extra stability.
- The container table top range all attached to the container foot in the same way. The container concept is that sand, pebbles or water can be added to the foot to give it strength and stability. Water must always be treated with an anti-algae additive to prevent the water from becoming stale. There are Hex-bolts on the underside of each table which align with equally spaced holes in the container foot.
- Note: Bodhi Cover needs to be ordered in combination with a black classic foot
Named after the Dutch word for beautiful – the third ‘o’ in the brand name stands for an extra value in terms of beauty and uniqueness. For more than ten years Moooi has inspired and seduced the world with sparkling and innovative designs. Marcel Wanders and Casper Vissers founded the company in 2001. The Moooi portfolio contains a range of work from many other internationally recognized designers. Its style is exclusive, daring, playful, exquisite and based on the belief that design is a question of love. Moooi takes pride in producing timeless objects of beauty which posses the uniqueness and character of antiques combined with the freshness of modern times. This fusion brings the brand to focus on the production of iconic objects. Their collection of lighting, furniture and accessory designs deliver an extra touch of creativity and beauty.
Moooi Container Table with Oval 210 x 130 Top Designed by:
- Marcel Wanders , 2013
"I have great respect for people and the world, and I think that should be the basis of design" - Marcel Wanders
This Dutch-born designer, was born in Boxter in 1963, and has to his credit more than 1,700 designs. He has worked for prestigious brands such as Alessi, Puma, KLM and Swarovsky. Wanders maintains a philosophy of creating an environment of love, passion and making dreams come true. This optimism, which he has imbued into his life’s work, has made him an award-winning designer. The Museum of Arts and Design in New York awarded him a Visionary Award in recognition of his contribution to the field of design in 2009 and the Good Design Award in 2011.
Wanders also designs architectural projects, such as the Kameha Grand hotel in Bonn, the Mondrian South Beach hotel in Miami and the Villa Moda store in Bahrain. In addition to running his studio, Wanders is co-founder and artistic director of the successful design label, Moooi.
He exhibits widely and his work is included in such significant museum collections as MoMA New York, The Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam, and the V&A Museum, London. Wanders has further published numerous books and is extensively profiled in the global media, appearing in such publications as the New York Times, Domus, The Financial Times and Wallpaper Magazine.
The aim of Marcel Wanders, who has designed everything from furniture to toys to clothes, is to recover the human touch in design. "I have great respect for people and the world, and I think that should be the basis of design," said Wanders.