Manual beech rod bending, so typical for TON, was applied to the area between the legs where an unconventional joint was created. The backrest is made of bent plywood which is also used in the seat. It can be decorated with five types of reliefs.
- TON R & D
- Frame: beech
- Seat: veneer, upholstered
- Height: 90 cm / 35.4 inch
- Width: 43 cm / 16.9 inch
- Depth: 50 cm / 19.6 inch
- Seat Height: 46 cm / 18.1 inch
- It is possible to apply special finishing to the ends of legs of selected products, which resembles "socks".
- Upholstery of selected models can be complemented with decorative nails, especially if upholstered with artificial or natural leather.
- If the product should meet safety standards for public spaces, one can order upholstery with self extinguishing PUR foam.
- Engraved ornaments are made by laser on the outer side of the backrest into the depth of approximately 0.1 cm.
- Please contact us for these options or to order less than 4 pieces.
Our products are made by people using traditional wood bending technology. Since 1861 the art of wood bending and the love of the craft have been passed from one generation to another in Bystřice pod Hostýnem in the Czech Republic. In more than 150 years, six generations of craftsmen have worked in the factory and they have made their indelible mark in its history. Our current contribution to the historic milestones are products using split solid wood bent into opposite directions.
If you have chosen TON products, the chances are that you not only appreciate high quality handcraft but you are also a lover of design and timeless beauty. We are glad to see that by making this decision you have joined the group of extraordinary friends of TON.