AC 5 Work Lowback is a high-quality office swivel chair, whose characteristic angled backrest lends it a fresh appearance. Designed with hidden mechanical functions for healthy seating comfort, AC 5 Work Lowback belongs to a family of task chairs with a consistent visual aesthetic: the AC 5 Group. The low angled backrest and the design of the armrests together facilitate considerable freedom of movement and even allow sideways sitting positions. Combined with the synchronised forward tilt and seat depth adjustment of the FlowMotion mechanism, AC 5 Work Lowback guarantees a dynamic sitting experience that has been proven to promote health and prevent back tension.
- Seat mechanism: FlowMotion mechanism with synchronised forward tilt (can be disengaged) and with seat depth adjustment.
- Backrest and seat: Angled backrest for maximum freedom of movement. Self-supporting backrest structure with horizontally stitched padding. Backrest mount in polished die-cast aluminum. Optional height-adjustable lumbar cushion. polyurethane foam padding. Seat and back covers in fabric or leather.
- Armrests: Optionally equipped with fixed, polished die-cast aluminum ring armrests for conference areas (optional leather covers matched to the leather upholstery; for chairs with fabric covers, the leather armrest covers are in the color nero) or with FreeFloat armrests with polyurethane pads in basic dark.
- Base: Five-star polyamide base in basic dark or polished die-cast aluminum base with double castors (Ø 2 1/3“) in basic dark.
- Width (Without Armrests/Ring Armrests): 58.5 cm / 23 inch
- Width (Height-adjustable Armrests): 67.5 - 69 cm / 26 3/4 - 27 1/4 inch
- Width (FreeFloat Armrests): 66 - 75.5 cm / 26 - 29 3/4 inch
- Height: 90.5 - 102.5 cm / 35 3/4 - 40 1/4 inch
- Seat Height: 40 - 52 cm / 15 3/4 - 20 1/2 inch
- Depth: 53 - 78 cm / 20 3/4 -30 3/4 inch
Vitra is a Swiss company dedicated to improving the quality of homes, offices and public spaces through the power of design. Their products and concepts are developed in an intensive design process, bringing together engineering excellence with the creative genius of today’s leading international designers. It is Vitra’s goal to create furniture and accessories that are functional and inspiring. Founded in 1950, Vitra produces many products from internationally recognized designers such as Verner Panton, Isamu Noguchi, Eero Saarinen and Jasper Morrison.
Vitra AC 5 Work Lowback Chair Designed by:
- Antonio Citterio , 2017
Born in 1950 in Meda, Italy, Antonio Citterio opened his architecture office at the age of just 22. One of the most internationally sought-after designers, Citterio has worked for such renowned companies as Vitra, Flos, Kartell, and Iittala. The reason for the success of his design projects is that he likes to “tease” out an object’s dormant potential. He is on a constant search for true and authentic work and that he detests bad design. In 1987 and in 1994, Antonio Citterio received the Compasso d’Oro award.
Since 2006 he has been teaching architectural design at the Academy of Architecture in Mendrisio, Switzerland. In 2008, the Royal Society honored him for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce of London, which gave him the title of “Royal Designer for Industry.”