MedaSlim by Alberto Meda is an exceptionally robust visitor and conference chair with a sleek design and excellent user comfort. The front legs, backrest frame and seat are moulded in one piece thanks to an ingenious production process. The MedaSlim model with chrome-plated legs can be stacked up to 5 chairs high.
- Seat upholstery made of polyurethane foam
- Armrests in polished die-cast aluminum
- Backrest frame, front legs and seat shell cast from a single piece, made of fiberglass-reinforced polyamide
- Back legs made of chromed aluminum
- Height: 87 cm / 34 1/4 inch
- Depth: 57.5 cm / 22 3/4 inch
- Width (without armrests): 52 cm / 20 1/2 inch
- Width (with armrests): 62 cm / 24 1/2 inch
- The MedaSlim chairs with chrome-plated legs are suitable for stacking (up to 5 chairs). The polished and powder-coated versions should not be stacked as this could scratch the surface
- Row Connector
- Row numbering element(s)
- Please contact us if you wish to order an accessory
Vitra is a Swiss company dedicated to improving the quality of homes, offices and public spaces through the power of design. Their products and concepts are developed in an intensive design process, bringing together engineering excellence with the creative genius of today’s leading international designers. It is Vitra’s goal to create furniture and accessories that are functional and inspiring. Founded in 1950, Vitra produces many products from internationally recognized designers such as Verner Panton, Isamu Noguchi, Eero Saarinen and Jasper Morrison.
Vitra MedaSlim Chair Designed by:
- Alberto Meda , 2004
Alberto Meda studied mechanical engineering in Milan, graduating in 1969. Soon after he was appointed technical director for the design-oriented manufacturer, Kartell. In 1979 Meda made the decision to pursue independent work as a designer and engineer.
The wonderfully functional and comfortable Meda task chair, designed during the 1990’s for Vitra, combines ergonomic sophistication with a visual coherence that testifies to his engineering background. Meda’s portfolio is comprised of a wide range of products – everything from cars for Alfa Romeo to high-tech lighting for Luceplan. Meda is acknowledged for his ability to use state-of-the-art materials in ways that are visually arresting as well as structurally sound. Alberto Meda has been working with Vitra since 1994. During this time he has created a series of office chairs and a variety of office and conference desks.
Today he lives in Milan.