The body lamp is a single tubular steel structure, composed of a rigid lower part and an adjustable higher part. The stem is covered by a natural platinic silicone sheath (antiyellowing) and terminates with a conical shaped diffuser. Diffuser in transparent polycarbonate with rubber-effect coat; transparent lens; internal reflector made of specular aluminum whit random perforations; steel base black "soft touch" effect painted. Adjustable direct and diffused light emission.
- Herzog & De Meuron, 2005
- Heavy steel base in painted black finish with special "soft touch" clear silicon coating
- Body structure in steel with grey lacquered finish, composed of a rigid lower section and an adjustable upper section, enclosed in a translucent white silicon sleeve
- Diffuser in molded translucent white polycarbonate with an incorporated anti-glare reflector in specular aluminum with micro-perforations for side-emission of thin beams of light
- Height: 220 cm / 86 5/8 inch
- Base Diameter: 30 cm / 11 13/16 inch
- Shade Diameter: 21 cm / 8 1/4 inch
- LED-I 27W 2700K >90 CRI
- Integrated light source
- Dimmer on body
- Transparent lens
- Arm is flexible and can be adjusted to direct the light
- Perforations on reflector allow for unique lighting effect
Upholding Italy's reputation for excellence and innovation in design, Artemide is a world leader in contemporary lighting. Offering both residential and commercial lighting solutions, Artemide has made forward thinking a company policy. Instantly recognizable designs originating from the 1960's, when Artemide was founded by Ernesto Gismondi, are still in production today along side contemporary lighting creations by current acclaimed designers. Artemide's expansive catologue ranges from the organic and elegant Logico collection to the clean and simple spheres of the Castore family. Many of the most iconic products of history can be found here.
The Artemide Group is much more than lighting. A core element of the manufacturer is their commitment to ethical conduct and social responsibility. A progressive environmental policy is also a major element in both production methods and technology research. What Artemide is most widely known for however, is a coined design philosophy that defines the company's approach: the Human Light Philosophy. Thoughtfully considering the user's lifestyle, daily activities and investment in home, Human Light sets out to provide an illuminated companion, rather than just simply illumination. Lights that are adaptable, flexible and allow for optimum visual precision while conserving environmental resources are Human Lights. A light that accompanies us during our daily activities and has a tangible effect on our well being, emotional health and ultimately our quality of life is Artemide.