The Skygarden S is just that. A gracefully hanging hemisphere, the pendant lamp makes a powerful impression with its sheer size. However, it is the inner diffuser in white painted cast plaster that steals the show. Standing beneath it, you will see the intricate design that gives this piece its name.
The Skygarden’s plaster diffuser support is die-cast aluminum alloy. Its upper cable gland and blocking ring nut come in black injection-molded PC (polycarbonate). Shaped adjustment screws are included.
- Hemispherical, mechanically-processed cast plaster diffuser, painted white inside.
- Plaster diffuser support in die-cast aluminum alloy, liquid-painted white.
- Molded upper bushing in die-cast, polished aluminum alloy, protected with transparent paint on the entire visible part.
- Upper cable gland and blocking ring nut in black injection-molded PC (polycarbonate).
- Shaped, galvanized adjustment screws.
- Transparent, injection-molded, upper and lower silicone shock absorbers.
- Lamp holder and fixing support in black injection-molded PPS (polyphenylene sulfide).
- Flashed and blown opal glass diffuser.
- Molded fixing ring nut in die-cast aluminum alloy with alodine plating.
- Frieze in photo-etched and mechanically drawn AISI 304 steel.
- Molded and galvanized steel ceiling attachment Grey, injection-molded PA6 (Nylon) rose.
- Diameter 23.6 inch
- Height: 11.8 inch
- Diameter 35.4 inch
- Height: 17.7 inch
- Light Source S1: 1 x 100W T8 E26 Base Frosted Halogen (Included)
- Light Source S2: 1 x 250W T-10 Medium Frosted Halogen (Included)
- Environment Indoor - Dry Location
- Dimmer not included
- Cord Length157" - Clear (Cord length can be shortened during installation)
- UL, cUL listed
After first opening its doors in 1971 Flos acquired brands and opened new a new factory on a path to bring cutting edge creativity to the interior lighting industry. Their later collaborations with Achille Castiglioni in the 80's established Flos in the market by developing a family of lighting, the Brera Series. Later partnerships with contemporary talent including Philippe Starck, Jasper Morrison, Konstantin Grcic, Marc Newson, Piero Lissoni, Marcel Wanders, Patricia Urquiola and many others continued to propel Flos as a leader in modern interior lighting. Pairing with talented design professionals has become a core element of the company's mandate and extends to all areas of its brand including promotional activities and artful photography.
Having received much critical acclaim, Flos is a five time winner of the Compasso d'Oro Industrial Design Award and have secured commissions to illuminate several of Europe's great historical and architectural sites including Venice's Palazzo Grassi and the City of Amsterdam archives.
Today, Flos is a top choice amongst consumers for both private residences and commercial lighting applications. A versatile catalogue paired with a long standing reputation and design history makes Flos products a perfect addition to any space. www.flosusa.com
Flos Skygarden Suspension Lamp Designed by:
- Marcel Wanders , 2007
"I have great respect for people and the world, and I think that should be the basis of design" - Marcel Wanders
This Dutch-born designer, was born in Boxter in 1963, and has to his credit more than 1,700 designs. He has worked for prestigious brands such as Alessi, Puma, KLM and Swarovsky. Wanders maintains a philosophy of creating an environment of love, passion and making dreams come true. This optimism, which he has imbued into his life’s work, has made him an award-winning designer. The Museum of Arts and Design in New York awarded him a Visionary Award in recognition of his contribution to the field of design in 2009 and the Good Design Award in 2011.
Wanders also designs architectural projects, such as the Kameha Grand hotel in Bonn, the Mondrian South Beach hotel in Miami and the Villa Moda store in Bahrain. In addition to running his studio, Wanders is co-founder and artistic director of the successful design label, Moooi.
He exhibits widely and his work is included in such significant museum collections as MoMA New York, The Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam, and the V&A Museum, London. Wanders has further published numerous books and is extensively profiled in the global media, appearing in such publications as the New York Times, Domus, The Financial Times and Wallpaper Magazine.
The aim of Marcel Wanders, who has designed everything from furniture to toys to clothes, is to recover the human touch in design. "I have great respect for people and the world, and I think that should be the basis of design," said Wanders.