The pendant is a glowing sphere built up of small diamond-shaped cells. Each cell is carefully designed to capture light and to shield the light source from the viewing angles above 45 degrees. Each cell glows. Below 45 degrees, the fields are open to direct light downwards. A small amount of light is also sent upwards to illuminate the ceiling.
- Øivind Slaatto
- Shade: Matte PVC sheet
- Frame: Clear polycarbonate inserts with white painted steel rods
- Incandescent socket support: brass rod with matte chrome finish
- LED: Aluminum heatsinks and copper heat pipes
- Diameter: 45 cm / 17.7 inch
- Height: 43.4 cm / 17.1 inch
- Diameter: 60 cm / 23.6 inch
- Height: 57.6 cm / 22.7 inch
- Diameter: 90 cm / 35.4 inch
- Height: 86.6 cm / 34.1 inch
- Cord Length: 365.7 cm / 144 inch
- Small: 1 x 100W Incandescent A-19 IF Medium or 1 x 44W LED 2700/3000K Dimmable 1-10V
- Medium: 1 x 200W Incandescent A-23 IF Medium or 1 x 65W LED 2700/3000K Dimmable 1-10V
- Large: 1 x 200W Incandescent A-23 IF Medium or 1 x 97W LED 2700/3000K Dimmable 1-10V
- Cord Type: 2-conductor, 18 AWG white PVC power cord
- LED variants include 1 x stainless steel aircraft cable
- Canopy: White
- Dry location
- cULus Listed
The essence of Louis Poulsen Lighting is to create human-friendly lighting – lighting that makes people feel comfortable and relaxed and creates an excellent atmosphere. Louis Poulsen's lighting philosophy consists of three elements: function, comfort and ambience. Louis Poulsen Lighting wants people to feel they are in good company.
For more than eighty years, Louis Poulsen has collaborated with such visionary architects and designers as Arne Jacobsen, Verner Panton and Foster+Partners to produce innovative lighting solutions for buildings and their surroundings. Poul Henningsen, designer of the iconic Artichoke Pendant Light, began a lifelong collaboration with Louis Poulsen Lighting in 1925 that lasted until his death. To this day, Louis Poulsen Lighting still benefits from his genius.
Louis Poulsen Lighting offers a complete product line that includes suspended, ceiling, pendants, table, floor and wall lighting for both indoor and outdoor use. The superior styling, craftsmanship and quality of Louis Poulsen products can be found on projects around the globe.