The Allstar office chair by Konstantin Grcic imparts a relaxed home-like feel and sense of familiarity. Its rounded form exudes comfort and yields a calming influence on the fast-paced dynamic of today's offices. Allstar also satisfies all the necessary functions of a task chair, allowing it to be used wherever high functional performance is desired but a classic office chair would not be appropriate for aesthetic reasons – an especially ideal choice for modern workplace concepts.
- Backrest and seat: backrest in polyamide, coated with polyurethane foam
- Armrest/back bracket: loop frame made of polyamide
- Base: five-star base in polyamide (deep black) with double castors (Ø 60 mm, basic dark)
- Height: 78.5 - 95.5 cm / 31 - 37 1/2 inch
- Width: 61 cm / 24 inch
- Seat Depth: 39 - 44 cm / 15 1/2 - 17 1/2 inch
- Silk Mesh cover: both seat and backrest are always in black
- Hopsak cover: the seat is always in black and the backrest is available in all colors
- Mechanical unit: the synchronised mechanism can be locked in the upright position
Vitra is a Swiss company dedicated to improving the quality of homes, offices and public spaces through the power of design. Their products and concepts are developed in an intensive design process, bringing together engineering excellence with the creative genius of today’s leading international designers. It is Vitra’s goal to create furniture and accessories that are functional and inspiring. Founded in 1950, Vitra produces many products from internationally recognized designers such as Verner Panton, Isamu Noguchi, Eero Saarinen and Jasper Morrison.
Vitra Allstar Chair Designed by:
- Konstantin Grcic , 2014
Konstantin Grcic was born in Munich in 1965. He was trained as a cabinetmaker at The John Makepeace School in Dorset, England and then he went on to study industrial design at the RCA in London. In 1991 he founded his design firm, Konstantin Grcic Industrial Design, in Munich. KGID is active in several areas of design, from furniture to architecture projects.
Konstantin Grcic defines function in human terms, combining formal strictness with considerable mental acuity and humour. Each of his products is characterized by a careful research into the history of design and architecture and his passion for technology and materials. Known for pared-down pieces, Grcic is often called a minimalist but the designer himself prefers to speak of simplicity.
Grcic has designed products for Eemco, Flos, Magis, Mattiazzi and Vitra. His products have won important prizes and are represented in major design collections around the world.